Updated as of March 17, 2020
To date, no known cases of novel coronavirus (COVID-19) have been identified on any of the Indiana University campuses. However, due to the rapidly changing situation and with the safety and well-being of students and others in mind, President Michael A. McRobbie issued two university-wide letters [1, 2]. The letters include updated guidelines pertaining to virtual teaching, visitors, domestic travel, and large events.
In response, the LGBTQ+ Culture Center is temporarily limiting in-person programs and services to promote the safety and well-being of all our community, university, and campus partners. In the meantime, you can access us in the following ways:
Professional staff members will be available Monday through Friday (9:00am-5:00pm Eastern) via phone, email, and skype.
- Interim Director – Bruce Smail: Phone (812) 855-4424; Email email@example.com
- Senior Office Services Assistant – Mary Beth Boyer: Phone (812) 855-4212; Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Student staff can be reached Monday through Friday (March 30-End of Spring 2020 Semester) via email.
- Counseling Intern – Quillian Murphy: Email email@example.com
- Graduate Assistant – Danielle Hernandez: Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Library Coordinator – Olivia Adams: Email email@example.com
- Social Work Intern – Soni Blackburn: Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Office Assistant – Brooklynn Hall: Email email@example.com
Programs/Services Changes for the remainder of the Spring 2020 Semester:
• Ally trainings cancelled; please keep an eye on our website, social media, or QNews newsletter for updates on potential virtual sessions.
• HIV testing cancelled; please visit Positive Link's page at iuhealth.org for information on alternative walk-in testing.
• Writing Tutorial Services have changed to virtual sessions; please check wts.indiana.edu for details.
• Let’s Talk Now cancelled; CAPS sessions available via telephone or zoom counseling. CAPS staff will offer 30 minute assessment/coping skills appointments for students. Call 812 855-7688 for an appointment; in the event of a mental health emergency, call 812-855-5711.
• LGBTQ+ Culture Center Library – not available in-person, but please keep an eye on our website, social media, or QNews newsletter for updates as we research ways to share library material virtually.
- Lunch and Learn sessions cancelled; please keep an eye on our website, social media, or QNews newsletter for updates on potential virtual sessions.
The LGBTQ+ Culture Center will continue to monitor the rapidly changing situation with the novel coronavirus COVID-19 and post updates regarding future events, programs, and services, and any necessary schedule changes on our website, social media, and QNews.
Please visit https://coronavirus.iu.edu/index.html for up-to-date COVID-19 announcements from IU, and stay safe, informed, and healthy.
Kind regards and best wishes,
The staff at the LGBTQ+ Culture Center